Yahoo is the most widely used Email service providers available nowadays. Apart from the option to send and receive Emails, it can be used to perform some other tasks as well. Using this, you can also chat with Yahoo users via Messenger and manage your contacts. Other services provided by Yahoo like News, Answers, Movies, etc. can also be easily accessed.
Due to the recent Yahoo hack of 1.5 billion accounts, there has been a global concern amongst the users. Hence, it has become a necessity to safeguard the emails. In such cases, the question arises: How to create a backup of Yahoo mail on a computer?
Steps to backup Yahoo Emails on Computer:
Backing up of emails may turn out to be a very tough and tiring process. If you follow the steps mentioned in the article below, you can create a backup of the Yahoo emails and contacts on your computer. In case of any mishaps, the data on Yahoo mail will not be lost and remain on your device. This can be used to recover the email account and contact data any time you wish to do so.
- Open the Yahoo mail home page in your browser.
- Log in to your account, if you have not already done so.
- You will be taken to the inbox folder of your account.
- Open the Emails, copy it and create the Word or TXT document.
This method of backing up the Yahoo emails on your computer may turn out to be helpful if you want to backup a small number of Emails. Using this method to backup thousands of Emails may turn out to be a time consuming process. To immediately backup Yahoo mail folder on your device, give a call on the Yahoo technical support number.
Steps to backup Yahoo contacts on the computer:
The step to backup Yahoo contacts on a computer is quite an easy and simple process. This can be done if you just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Yahoo mail home page and login to your account if you have not already done so.
- Click on the Contacts button.
- A new page appears where all your contacts are displayed.
- Select the contacts that you wish to create a backup of.
- Click on the drop down menu that says “Actions”.
- Choose the Export button and then select the “Export Now” option.
- Select the format in which you wish the contact to be exported.
After having done so, the contact is downloaded to your device. This can be used to recover your contacts using different software. This method also proves out to be useful while importing contacts in other Email service providers and social media services.
Sometimes while using Yahoo mail, you may stumble upon some problem with your account. To get rid of any such issues, give a call to a Yahoo customer support number. Instant support is provided over the phone or via remote access to make sure that the problem is fixed as soon as it is encountered.